HSS2020 kit assembling
last update: 5 April 2021
Please use lead free solder, because you will handle this with your hands when you use the device.
- Puch the potmeters in the sockets and make sure they are strait before you solder them (it works good to solder
the big holes first).
- Solder the power switch.
- Solder the battery socket.
- Clean the solder joints you soldered with paint thinner or alcohol.
- Power up the device and check if it works.
If the device works connect a audio signal to the audio input and play audio thru it, if the audio clips in a not nice sounding way you can do the mod in the picture below.
(it shifts the center of the waveform down so it does not hit the top rail).
- Puch the spacers into the Plexiglas top panel and puch it down into the HSS2020 (check if it aligns good with the center potmeter).